Thursday, March 27, 2008

What A Dope!

Investors who never cared much for me, anyway, have the right to gloat this week. I sold 81,000 shares at $0.29, aceing myself out of more than $8,000 in gains since then. The stock hit $41 today.

Why is the runup happening? I like to think it's because of the write-up I gave the stock in The American Reporter, my online newspaper, on the Monday morning when it looked like Bear Stearns Cos. was going to crash and take the financial world down with it.

If investors wanted advice, I told them, I'd recommend ERHE despite some issues concerning the SEC and FBI.

And I pointed out that the biggest of all oil and gold speculators - the "commercials" - have amassed the largest short position in history on both those commodities.

So what happened? Well, the same day that appeared, gold hit an all-time high of $1,032 per ounce, and oil was at $111, I think. Immediately thereafter, though, gold sufffered its greatest one-day drop - about $75 an ounce - and oil also fell sharply.

ERHE, however, has risen more than 50%.

Do as I say, not as I do. And congratulations to all those myriad investors who stuck with the stock through thick, thin and profit.

No comments: