Friday, December 30, 2005

A New Year's Message

Happy New Year, Everyone!


I want to wish each and every one of you who have read ERHC On The Move over the past year for your interest and appreciation of my work. I spend a minimum of three hours a day - and often far more than that - searching through the Internet for the latest and most important news impacting ERHC Energy, Inc. Many of the stories I write take three to four hours to do, and occasionally far more.

No one pays me, and I am not compensated by ERHC Energy or anyone else, and I am restricted in my ability to trade by any statements I make here. Thus, your positive comments as they arrive throughout the year are deeply appreciated. They help me keep going when the criticism, which is often highly personal, infantile and unfair, makes me want to stop writing.

From Eagle River, Alaska to Western Cape Town, South Africa, from the Royal Bank of Canada to the Guadalupe Valley Cooperative of Texas, our readers have come to expect informed opinion, the latest news and dogged analysis of recent developments surrounding our stock, and Nigeria, Sao Tome and Africa. I do my best to deliver on those needs every day of the year.



OPEC President Dr. Edmund Daukoru

In particular today, I want to congratulate and extend my best wishes to Nigerian Oil Minister Dr. Edmund Daukoru on becoming the new President of the Organization of of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) on January 1, 2006, along with my thanks for his forthright and clarifying remarks on the current issues between Nigeria and Sao Tome and Principe with respect to the bilateral Joint Development Zone.

I would like to wish a successful and prosperous New Year to the people in Nigeria and Sao Tome who make this possible, including Nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjo, Sir Emeka Offor and Ali Memon of ERHC Energy, President Fradique de Menezes and Prime Minister Maria do Carmo Silveira of Sao Tome and Principe, and to officials of the Joint Development Authority and the Joint Ministerial Council for all their hard and dedicated work to realize the vast potential of the Joint Development Zone in the Gulf of Guinea.

I also want to express my appreciation tio helpful posters like Mutwadadi, Homeport, Ruby 1100, Mr. Rancho and others who share their hard-won insights and work with all of you and contribute immeasurably to our success.

I especially want to convey my deepest appreciation to Barry Morgan of UpstreamOnline, to Norval Scott of the Dow Jones News Service, to Vincent Nwanma of Reuters, to David Ivanovich of The Houston Chronicle to Jacinta Moran of Platts, to Mike Oduniyi of ThisDay Online, to Edo Bassey of the Daily Independent, to Tela Non, Vitrina, Jornal de Sao Tome e Principe, the Menas Associates Nigeria Focus, African Energy Intelligence, the Sao Tome group at Yahoo Groups, the U.S. Energy Information Administration and the staff of the U.S. Embassy in Nigeria, and to all of the other writers, reporters, editors and readers who help keep this blog and all investors informed. Thank you!

Since 3pm EST, I see folks have purchased more than 130,000 shares of ERHE at the bargain price of $0.294. While it appears that no one yet has had my good fortune today in purhasing at $0.29, the current cost is a very attractive one for a stock that will be worth a great deal of money some years down the line. I hope each of you will be there then, and will share my happiness at having finally achieved our dreams for ERHC.

Until then, thank you again, good luck in your investments, and a very Happy New year to you all.


P.S.: USC by 25!

Best,

Joe Shea

No comments: