Monday, April 04, 2005

Predictions Or Not? Blog Visitors Vote

ERHC On the Move is conducting novel one day poll of visitors, asking them to click on an ad if they want them and to not click if they don't. We will reverse the decision signals tomorrow to account for those who may have been unaware of the contest today.

Update, 4:29am, 04/05/05: There were 91 clicks for predictions, and 1,274 visitors. That represented 7.1 percent of all visitors. Today, Tuesday, April 5, the decision signals are reversed. Those who want me to make predictions should not click on ads, and those who do not want me to should click on an ad to indicate their preference. We will update the results through the day. The 91 clicks generated $19.25.

Update, 4:48pm, 04/04/05: The tally stood at 615 to 56, and the clicks had generated $8.55.

So far, 56 readers have voted for the predictions, versus 615 who did not.

To vote, simply click on any of the four small ads at the right. The results are updated by Google throughout the day.

ERHC On The Move started accepting ads on Feb. 3, about a month after our first post. Since Feb. 3, we have had 65,857 visitors - an average of 1,079 a day - and they have generated 523 clicks, or an average of 8 per day, for a total two-month revenue stream of $108.22.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe, are you that broke that you need to beg us to click on your adds. Get a jog.

Anonymous said...

Why not start a poll about how many think you're an idiot? If the polls reflect 90% or more, you will close the blog and go out to find that mysterious woman of your dreams.

We can click the ads to vote "yes, he's an idiot". That way, you will at least get paid for your education. Be sure to let someone know so they can post this on RB, which I am sure will generate a few hundred bucks for you.

Anonymous said...

Joe: the last time I saw begging like that I was in a Chicago subway!

Anonymous said...

I don't even see a single ad - what am I missning - where are the darn things?!

Anonymous said...

Boy, some snitty comments today from our valued fellow ERHE investors! Joe has run a great BLOG here, keeping us all informed
on the latest ERHE developments. What a great resource! Don't be too hard on this good man simply
because he's having a little fun
during a news lull.
Joe, keep up the great work, your BLOG is much appreciated!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I think I screwed up. I have watched this stock bounce around based on good and bad news and thought "wow, I could make some money on these swings." Well, a couple of weeks ago, the same day that Joe had placed his order to sell some of his shares (although he canceled this order), I sold for 0.665. I though "I'll buy after it drops some more and have even more shares. Well, you all know what happened and now I am wondering what to do. Should I buy back in now and take my lumps, wait for another dip, or just move on to the next opportunity? Any advice?

Bob

Anonymous said...

Buy it BACK!!!!! I too sold mostly at .645 - gee screw ups think alike - on that day. When I saw the rebound the same day, I tried to get back in at .69 but hesitated then ended up day trading on a different stock. When I saw the pr on jdz site I bot back in though I now have 20% less than before. I shoud have held on like Joe did but I thought what does he know?? Well, I'm basically back where I was when this was .58. but it'll pop when the awards come out. this is a no brainer, really

Anonymous said...

Once the long-awaited awards are announced, what are everyones predictions on gains?

And when this happens, will it be front-page news?

Anonymous said...

Hot off the wire:

DJ Nigerian Senate Pres Resigning Over Corruption -Spokesman


LAGOS (AP)--The leader of Nigeria's Senate, who holds the third most powerful position in the government of the oil-rich West African nation, is resigning Tuesday over allegations he received bribes, his spokesman said.

Senate president Adolphus Wabara was accused last week of taking bribes to increase the budget of the education minister, who was fired.

"He will be leaving the seat of Senate president with immediate effect," Harry Ugbolue, Wabara's spokesman, said by telephone from Abuja.

President Olusegun Obasanjo has pursued an anti-corruption drive in which he has fired two ministers and the national police chief, who pleaded not guilty in court Monday to stealing and extorting more than $97 million.


(END) Dow Jones Newswires